Las Damas de Belmont-Cragin seeks to advance women and children academically and economically thereby enhancing opportunities for a greater future. We will accomplish this goal by identifying resources and providing support to allow women and children to engage in their selected programming:– To encourage women to advocate for themselves and their families.
– To provide opportunities to seek higher learning or continued education.
– To research and advocate for children’s and youth academic programming.To engage public officials and institutions to enhance the community via infrastructure and public works.Eligibility: Applicant must live in Belmont-Cragin*: 60634, 60635, 60639, 60641 and be a Chicago Public School Student in grades K-6. You do not have to be a US citizen or working in the US to apply, application is available in English and Spanish.Requests made for support include laptop and internet access to participate in virtual classrooms during COVID-19 closure. School supplies including notebooks, pens, pencils, binders, markers will be provided at the site of distribution. Depending on your student’s grade level educational items including flash cards, books, and small projects may be provided. These items are to be used to encourage learning that is not occurring due to school closures. Successful applicants will be notified October 23rd and will need to pick up educational packages at Northwest Side Housing Center.Please read the Literacy Program Policy for more information.Application Process:
September 28, 2020
October 11, 2020
Successful Applicants notified via phone and email, bring email confirmation to pickup
October 23, 2020
Pick Up Educational Package
October 27, 2020
If you have any questions, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Overview and Eligibility: Who Can Receive These Services?
This literacy program is open to all residents of Belmont-Cragin* zip codes: 60634, 60635, 60639, 60641 and will not discriminate based on race, gender, sex, religious beliefs, political views, or resident status. This literacy program is free to Chicago Public School Students grades K-6, and at no time will any member of Las Damas de Belmont-Cragin (“The Organization”) ask for services or money in exchange for participation in the program.
This program is intended for parents of children grades K-6 who are looking for supplemental educational assistance including on-line tutoring, educational projects, laptops, and mobile WIFI hotspots that will generally be used to increase reading skills and facilitate online learning. Applicants will be selected at random by on-line lottery after application closes on October 11th, 2020 11:59PM.
Consent: We may use an image or video of your child learning. If you do not want the organization to post any images of your children to social media or lasdamasbc.org, you can opt out by requesting an opt-out form at email@example.com
The Organization may ask for you to fill out surveys to monitor student’s growth and participation in the program. Responses to these surveys are completely voluntary and will not exclude you from the program if you do not self-report.
We ask that you and your student agree to:
– Up to 8 hours per month of tutoring provided by the organization to increase literacy and composition skills. The tutor will be able to provide answers to homework questions that you cannot.
– Respect the equipment and supplies given and return the equipment upon request, undamaged
– Engage in reading books or building projects provided as an alternative to computer screen time and build relationships with your young learners
– Termination of Agreement: A parent may terminate this agreement at any time. Within 5 days of termination of agreement, a parent must return any hardware distributed (e.g. hot spots and laptops).
– The organization may terminate the agreement at any time for any reason and request immediate surrender of hardware distributed, see above.